Too many vertices in blender exported .gltf

Hi everyone,
I think i must be doing something stupid but thought I would run it past here as perhaps it’s obvious to someone.
I’ve created some .gltf files in blender and made sure to strictly control the exact number of vertices (there are 12).
However when I load them into my scene I get weird vertex buffer counts like 180 values for an expected12 vertices…

is this normal or is it the threejs loader or something funky that blender is doing on the export? I’ve attached one of the sample model files.

I read that blender can do this by adding some additional interpolated things if you choose to include normals and uv but I’ve purposefully disabled every export setting in blender.
I will be instancing these models and morphing them so it’s extremely vital I only get the 12 points and no extra - should I just do it all manually?

ico-sphere.gltf (2.7 KB)

perhaps it’s just better to use a .ply instead?..

I read that blender can do this by adding some additional interpolated things if you choose to include normals and uv but I’ve purposefully disabled every export setting in blender.

Given that the geometry has normals and UVs in the screenshot, it doesn’t seem like those settings are disabled in the exporter? In your actual file I don’t see the normals or UVs, but there are still 60 vertices (180 / 3) for whatever reason. Triangulating the mesh before export might solve that.

Alternatively you can merge the vertices after exporting as long as there are no normals or UVs that require the additional vertex data:

npm install --global @gltf-transform/cli
gltf-transform weld input.glb output.glb

ico-sphere-v1.glb (1000 Bytes)

that seemed to work… hmm. perhaps this is the best way forward. Thanks @donmccurdy