We are a construction software startup company based in Australia looking for a talented ThreeJS developer to build add-ons on top of the Autodesk Viewer. The viewer will be used within our estimating platform and provide the end users functionality to perform quantity take-offs, saving viewer states, performing markups and much more.
Initially we are wanting to develop out two tools on top of the viewer:
A polygon type tool that will allow the user to draw a free form shape on a surface that will result in an area quantity once this shape has 3 or more points.
The second tool is similar, but users can select objects within the Autodesk Viewer and the shape will be created based on the surface of that object.
Please see an example of the type of thing we are after below. This will show you what the object looks like before the ideal tool is applied all the way through to the preferred outcome using the tool.
View 1.pdf (1.3 MB)
View 2.pdf (1.2 MB)
View 3.pdf (1.3 MB)
View 4.pdf (1.4 MB)
View 5.pdf (1.3 MB)
View 6.pdf (1.3 MB)
Please have a look and explore the Autodesk Viewer and API if you are unfamiliar https://viewer.autodesk.com/
This is just the beginning of what we will be doing with the viewer and ThreeJS so there is plenty of work going forward for any successful applicant.
- Work with our team to understand and develop the add-ons for the Autodesk Viewer.
- Develop a polygon tool for users to draw free-form shapes on surfaces using ThreeJS.
- Implement functionality to calculate area quantities based on the created shape.
- Create a tool where users can select objects within the Autodesk Viewer to form the shape.
- Ensure seamless integration of the add-ons into our construction software platform.
- Optimise performance to handle complex 3D models and ensure real-time interactivity.
- Test the tools thoroughly to identify and fix any issues or bugs.
- Document the development process, including architectural decisions and usage instructions.
- Extensive ThreeJS experience with a portfolio showing previous work
- Ability to create custom tools and features using ThreeJS, focusing on user interactions and
- Experience of Angular
- Experienced in Typescript
- Previous experience developing add-ons or extensions for the Autodesk Viewer.
If you have a passion for ThreeJS and you are interested in this opportunity please send an email to email@example.com. Please include your location (Country, City), your salary/contract expectations, and a link to your GitHub profile or previous projects.