Where can I find an artist/dev to convert FBX files to GLB/GLTF (or other ThreeJS compatible format)?

I recently bought some models from TurboSquid. Unfortunately, nearly everything they sell is in Blender, Maya, Arnold, FBX, etc. As far as I know, ThreeJS can’t load any of those formats.

I contacted TurboSquid support and requested a file conversion. They replied that file conversions they do not (never) convert the rigging and animation, making their file conversion facility useless to me for any of their animated model products.

I am a programmer, not an artist and I don’t have any of the native apps that build models for those formats. Also, if I can’t convert the rigging & animation, the model is of no use to me.

Where can I find a reliable and reasonably priced animator that could convert those files to a format that I can immediately use with ThreeJS, without requiring any graphics skill on my part (since I have none)?

Also, if you know of any sites that do sell animated models in a ThreeJS compatible format, please leave a URL. Paid model sites are fine.

three.js docs three.js supports fbx.
GitHub - facebookincubator/FBX2glTF: A command-line tool for the conversion of 3D model assets on the FBX file format to the glTF file format. if you really need glb/tf files a simple google search should result you a converter

1 Like

Thanks! Would you happen to know if I have to use a ThreeJS version newer than r124 to get that FBX loading support? If so, do you think I could get by with just grabbing the FBX loader code from a newer version of ThreeSJ and transplanting it into my r124 based build? I haven’t upgraded in a long while because nearly all my code is based on the Box geometry object and that object was removed in version r125 .

I have not tested animations support, but I can confirm Blender can import FBX binary without problems; from that point you should be able to export .glTF files. For animations you need to make some early test, but look at here for a couple of suggestions and just give it a try :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’d just use fbx2gltf then in that case.

1 Like

So I need to get Blender?