Trying to load the model ,

hello pls i need some help , i was following some tutorials on youtube , trying to load the model but it gives me black screen , when i checked from the console of my browser it automatically tires to download a file called scen.bin.

Captureiojop

your old.gltf depends on a file named old.bin

Which folder did you place it in?

1 Like

it’s not a good idea to use *.gltf on the web because it’s more data through the line and you need to instruct gltfloader as to where the external files are, it’s looking for them at ./ and since old.gltf is in a folder it’s not going to find old.bin there. use GLB, it packs everything up into a single file.

also in react you have this, open shell:

npx gltfjsx old.gltf --transform

this will give you a compressed glb file and a *.jsx file. drop the glb into /public and the jsx file into /src. now you can import that component and use it. it has many more advantages because that model is re-usable now and you get to alter every thing in its scene graph.

ps, components inside canvas cannot return divs. there is no such thing as a new THREE.Div() which is what you have there currently.

in its folder it came with after i downloaded from sketchfab , inside my public folder there are 3 folder that contain modelling files
Desktop_pc
oldPC
planet
Capture

in its folder it came with after i downloaded from sketchfab , inside my public folder there are 3 folder that contain modelling files
Desktop_pc
oldPC
planet
Capture

it seems that gltfloader will search in the ./public/ folder for the old.bin, instead of ./public/oldPc/

So do what @drcmda suggests, or open your gltf in blender and then export as glb so all its resources are included into the 1 file.

gltfjsx works very well if you choose to use that.

Also, its uneccesary to have Old.jsx in your ./public/oldPc/. That would be placed under ./src/ somewhere.

please would mind elaborate or explain better, as to what i should do. i do not really understand

so i should have the old.jsx inside the source folder ?? i cannot run blender my machine is not really strong

its very hard to guess the contents of your Old.jsx if you dont share it.

this shell is used to convert the old.bin file into jsx right , cause i think i already done that

this is the old.jsx

did

create a glb version for you?

Put that into ./public/oldPc/

and update the path in your useGLTF to ./oldPc/old.glb

You also need to make sure your jsx is under the ./src somewhere, and being correctly imported and referenced into your app.

i used npx gltfjsx old.gltf to create the react version, the jsx version does it need to be inside any folder in src or just inside the src folder

i will go ahed to try this : npx gltfjsx old.gltf --transform

I Tried doing the npx gltfjsx old.gltf --transform and this is what i got , saying cannot find the file

look more closely at the error in your console message, and try to figure out what you can do yourself to correct it.