Why can i not see the model and where is the model "code" being inputed?

So i have been asking around and watching a lot of videos to better understand the mechanics of how to use threejs but im not sure as to why im still running into troubles…

in my last post i was asking why i was having trouble exporting it via blender and some people posted this link: https://threejs.org/examples/webgl_loader_obj_mtl.html

When looking at the model, i copied and pasted the code into notepad, made it into html, and tried to run the thing… but i can not see the actual model itself and idk where within the actual code did they “upload the model” like what part is it specifically just the model and not the scene and/or the camera ?

Do you see any error messages in the browser console?

So i am learning on simply just uploading a model. I am following the steps exactly for this video:
I have been succesful in doing:

1. npm run start
  2. git checkout example-obj-loader-start
  3. npm install
  4. npm run start

BUT after i do that, they say that I should be able to see something displayed on my browser… but i do not see anything. can someone tell me why. it does not redirect me to anything like they said in the video.

He says that at 1:30 into the video, if someone can breeze through the video real quick and kind of explain it to me that will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. i also will want to apologize for potentially over-saturating this forum with posts about loading a threejs model… it was definitely not my intention.

Hi!
What video you’re saying about?

Have you actually checked your browser console? :wink:

1 Like

Im talking about the video that I posted at the very beginning and yes, I have :slight_smile:

i just dont know why i cant get anything to pop up.

I think you have to understand that you get more useful feedback from the community if you invest more time in your posts. The best way is to provide a live demo that shows your current progress. Alternatively, share your code as a github repository so we can download the repo and start the respective local webserver for debugging (via npm start). Just referring to a video is not enough in order to help you in this case.