This game was created in 48 hours for the Global Game Jam 2023. The theme was “Roots,” and my team’s take on the theme was to create a game about “Root Beer.” I worked with a 2D artist, and musician. I developed and deployed the live site. Check out the game. The project has a few glitches (such as loading in-between game play). Constructive feedback is appreciated! Looking forward to making more games.
Thanks for showing your work. I believe it can be improved into some more advanced game.
- Dark text on dark background is hard to read (see the first snapshot)
- In some cases the key-based navigation made it difficult to take the cap (the motion steps were too big and I often overstepped the cap)
- Adding shadows in the 3D scene may improve the visual experience
- Sometimes the can sinks halfway in the ground (see the second snapshot – the can is down, the cap cannot be taken)
- After 5 or 6 games I still did not manage to win a game. So I’m not sure whether there are levels – e.g. with moving obstacles, with different shape of the ground, with multiple caps, etc.
Thank you PavelBoytchev for checking out this project and taking the time to share helpful feedback. Your input is much appreciated. I am excited to implement some updates this weekend. Thank you again