Mesh disappears when its position is off screen

I have a few NPC characters walking around. Their position is at their feet. If their feet are off screen then the entire mesh disappears. I tried setting frustrumCulled to false for the mesh and its children, but that didn’t have any effect.

Any advice?

Setting .frustumCulled = false on the SkinnedMesh instance should be enough, yes. If that’s not working then I think you may need to share code or an example we can debug.

2 Likes

Thanks Don.

Live example
https://niksgames.com/threejs-games-course/complete/lecture6_6/

GitHub

The example uses your Pathfinding library. Wait around if no NPCs are there, they’ll turn up soon.

BTW I was finding that the mergeVertices method wasn’t returning geometry that worked for most of my NavMeshes after the switch to BufferGeometry. So I rewrote the indexing method. It’s prepGeometry in this file.

I also added tolerance as a parameter to Pathfinding.createZone and pass this through to the Utils call. Works great for all my NavMeshes now. I added an issue comment in your GitHub three-pathfinding repo.

[object Boolean] frust r umCulled = false
[object Boolean] frustumCulled = !1;

Please correct the typo

Genius. Thanks. Working perfectly now.

1 Like

You might wanna look into boundingSphere.
If the geometry has been transformed after the first render, boundingSphere should be recalculated.

Best of Luck.