Clouds of cubes

Hi, community! :slight_smile:

There is a picture of a scene:

And here is a working demo:
https://jsfiddle.net/prisoner849/z7bn61jg/show

Recently, I was surfing the Internet and bumped into one picture:

They say, it possbly was made with the Houdini, a program for procedural generation. Looking at it, I thought if it’s possible to create something very similar with Three.js.

I’ve never used instanced geometry and noise, so I decided to give it a try :slight_smile:
I’ve spent several hours with trial and error method, read source code of examples and documentation. Finally, I got something similar to what you can see on the picture above. Seems, it was enough, but I felt that the scene is incomplete and it needs something else.
At that moment I was listening music on Youtube and boom! - the blast from the past - one song started to play there: Me & My - Dub-I-Dub - YouTube

I heard it before serving in the army :smile: It was popular enough that time (1995).

The idea popped up in my head. Background of the scene became pink bubble gum color. The scene demanded something more, so I’ve added a plane, transformed to a grid. And I decided that I have to add a cow of voxels, because it’s vital! :smile:

I thought it will be a simple task. I was wrong! Here is the picture of my struggle:

Anyway, I’ve won that fight against the cow.
And the final touch, the cow needs simple animation. So, let it jumping with that “Dub-I-Dub” music.
The cow starts jumping when you hit “play” of the audio element.

Thanks for reading that :cool: story about one of my scenes :slight_smile: :beers:

13 Likes

Me, opening the link before reading your explanation:

“Oh wow, nice clouds, cute cow. Oh, there’s a play button… click…”

1qyxys

1 Like

@looeee
:smile: :smile:
I’m glad that you like it. The purpose of the scene is to bring fun. :wink: :beers:

2 Likes

Super Cool !!
Funny
and Inspiring. :star_struck:

1 Like

@Atul_Mourya
Besides of bringing fun, it’s also intended to bring joy :smile:

1 Like

@prisoner849 Really impressive. :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: Will keep looking for more of your creations. :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

There’s an overview (date 24.06.2018).
(Only designations in German)

http://xprofan.net/intl/de/php,html,js/3d-grafik-webgl-mit-three-js/?q=94918&pg=-1#94918

1 Like

@hofk
Thanks for putting them in one place :+1:

nice dance!:star_struck:

@chenxiaoleizi
The cow does her best :laughing:

1 Like