Rotate IBL / Environment

I’m using an HDR image to light my scene. I load the HDR exactly as shown in this official example.

I cant find a way to rotate the HDR. To be clear I do not want to rotate my objects, just the HDR, like you can do in SketchFab.

I have had a quick search and the only suggestions I found where to move the model itself, but the answers where from several years ago, I feel there must be a way to do what I’m after and I’m just failing to figure it out.

1 Like

I’m afraid it is not possible in three.js to apply any kind of transformation to the environment map or the scene’s background. Related:

oh wow, thats a big shame. And sorry, I didn’t find that github link myself thanks for the link.

Seems like quite a limitation when a lot of people are wanting to use IBL?

Would you be able to also confirm if you can set the intensity/brightness on the environment? It looks as though I would have to traverse all the objects and set the materials intensity individually?

Yes, that is a material property.

@Mugen87 thanks for the info

In case anyone stumbles across this…I found that toneMappingExposure on the renderer achieved what I was after for the “brightness” of the HDR

In terms of the scene rotation, I can see sketch fab can do it, so if anyone has any ideas how they achieve it I would be very interested

1 Like

In case anyone stumbles across this…I found that toneMappingExposure on the renderer achieved what I was after for the “brightness” of the HDR

thank you