PixelCapture - A toolbox for Three.js developers and artists

I would like to share a project I’ve been working on over the past few months. Let me introduce you to PixelCapture

Currently, there are two sections available:

1. The GLTF Studio : Here, you can preview your model under different lighting conditions.

1. The HDRis Store

More about this project:
I have been developing WebGL experiences for many years, and my workflow involves various tools like Blender, the official Three.js editor, the GLTF viewer from Khronos, pmndrs’s GLTFjsx viewer, texture resizing software, digital HDR builders, etc. I wanted to create a toolbox that precisely fits my workflow, which now involves doing as much work as possible in Blender and quickly verifying that everything is exported correctly and looks as intended. Initially a personal project, I realized others might have a similar workflow and appreciate my GLTF studio.

Where this project is not heading: I don’t intend for the GLTF studio to become a full-fledged editor. I believe there are already better options available for that purpose, such as PlayCanvas, Triplex, etc.

Future Expectations: I will continue to develop the viewer based on community feedback. I plan to create more sections that I’ve always wanted to find on other websites, including 3D models highly optimized for Three.js, a sample shader collection, and more.

Additionally, I’m excited to explore the creation of digital HDRs. With current technology, we have the potential to craft highly realistic environments in 3D software. While HDRs captured outdoors with a DSLR camera are effective, they often lack the flexibility needed for creating new and interesting color schemes.

I’m excited to hear your feedback!

2 Likes