My 3D resume: feedback please

Yo! Congrats, this is probably really exciting.

1 Like

@Usnul Thanks for the feedback! Iā€™ll probably bake AO using Blender.

@alex.bristow3 I always like to release the code. It can save others hours of coding haha!

@jamie.games Yeah, it is a great achievement! I am very happy with the number of people that have seen it in 5 days. I always add this to my projects so I can count without having to set up Google Analytics and the cookie message:

<script>
fetch('https://api.countapi.xyz/hit/project_name/visits')
.then(response => response.json())
.then(data => null);
</script>
1 Like

Looks really pro! I really like the presentation, and it worked well on my windows10 tablet.

Titles bigger and closer to each thing?

Bonus points if you animate the action, never-the-less, very well done. [thumbs up emoji]

Cheers,
Marco

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Gorgeous_J_Missilaumcher . I cannot make the titles bigger because I am constrained by the smartphoneā€™s vertical viewport.
Happy to see that it worked on your tablet!

@Usnul Iā€™ve added the option to scroll using the keys. Now users with a trackpad/trackball/ultra-fast-scrolling-mice have an alternative.
Regarding the AO, do you have any examples? Maybe @looeee does.
I did some research and I think I have to:

1. In Blender, bake a texture of the ambient occlusion, for every material (I have 200! Hopefully, there is some script that can automate that)
  2. Load it as a regular texture to my model using Three.js?

Thanks!

Hi Enric,

I meant ā€˜betterā€™ integration of the text with itā€™s visual. No worries, I think you made a very clear, compelling and engaging CV.

As far as AO, it really depends on the scope of work you seek. Occlusion is a tasty artistic featureā€¦ If youā€™re going for technical skills, your three.js proves the point of your skills very well. If you are after more control of creative aspects, there are a multitude of eye-candy things that need doingā€¦ like I mentioned animating the scenes, normal maps, and so on.
A total fucking hassle! If youā€™re doing the technical, no need to sweat the other stuff, for example, I can see you have the talent. I guess it depends on how obsessive you are. Nu? I liked your work.

Suerte, chabal!
Marco

Can you calculate text size from a canvas dom element on screen set to 90vw?
context.measureText(text).width

@Lawrence3DPK I understand what you mean but I am loading a single 3D model (it contains everything: texts, objects, my dog, etc). It is not possible to scale just the texts in this case.

@Gorgeous_J_Missilaumcher I think you are right. I should leave it here (Iā€™ve been very obsessed with this project for more than 3 months), it is hard to see when a side-project must be finished :joy:

1 Like

Love it, itā€™s really impressive. Iā€™ve also done a resume with ThreeJS but it doesnt look that good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love your resume. It is very inlined with my companies mission which is making 3D websites mainstream. We believe 3D websites will take over 2D websites. And with Muse, we are allowing anyone to build a 3D website that feels like an immersive virtual world using our no-code editor. I love how you built your resume in 3D!!! That is exactly what we are about. Our creators have even built their own resumes within our 3D websites too. Would you be interested in applying for our Head of Web Graphics role? https://jobs.ashbyhq.com/muse?utm_source=vzpp6eB5Y4

1 Like

Hello! Small update: I removed OrbitControls and now the 3D model rotates based on the scroll position, which feels way more natural. In order to keep the damping effect I used the Smooth Scrollbar javascript package.

@vielzutun.ch I added some animations as you suggested :slight_smile:

2 Likes