I created my resume in 3D using Blender and ThreeJS with custom Orbit Controls.
Currently looking for feedback before publishing it on LinkedIn, please let me know what do you think!
I am specifically concerned about the following issues:
- Orbit Controls are not very smooth when using a mouse or trackpad (I actually have a script to detect mouse/trackpad and change the speed). It works perfectly on smartphones.
- I tried to follow the lowpoly principle where important objects have more detail, but I don’t know if it’s clear enough.
- Colors are not from a standard palette, I just selected them on the fly. I am not sure if they look consistent.
- Size and color of the titles may be confusing
- Maybe I should use the Composer to add some shaders. I tried BokehPass but it didn’t look good (and I lose the background gradient).
- Device viewports, please let me know if some titles are cut in your phone!
- I did my best with the lights, but some shadows look weird. I tried to have an independent directional light for each scene, but I didn’t find how because the lights will appear in the other scenes.
- My Macbook Air CPU goes to 82 degrees when using it. Phone and Windows are fine.