Portfolio website, but in 3D!

This is my first ever Three.js project and I’m quite happy with how it turned out. I’ve got a few plans to round it all off and I’ve yet to test it. But hopefully it stands out from the crowd.

https://ip3ly5.github.io/

Any critiques and suggestions are welcome.

5 Likes

interesting, works pretty well. I’d maybe disable panning though.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile: Yeah I wasn’t sure whether to keep it or not. Most people I’ve tested it on don’t realize its there. Probably best to remove it to prevent users from going out of bounds.

for a beginners project its really good even i am a newbie to Three.js I am inspired from your work

I can’t scroll the information. There is no bar and middle mouse button only zooms the camera

1 Like

@ShubhamNandi Thank you kindly :slight_smile: I wish you luck with your own three.js projects!

@DolphinIQ
I disabled scrolling intentionally for styling, though I’m glad you’ve mentioned it. I think I’ll add it back.

Just food for thought; what screen width are you using?

edit: Consider the scrolling fixed :wink: Good suggestion!
fixed

1 Like

Works now. Looks awesome :heart_eyes: Imo would be nice as an example of seamlessly integrating THREE with “normal” website features :slight_smile:

My resolution on the page is 1366x658

Original and interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great first project! I think, it will benefit from some highlight on clickable objects that they stand out from the rest of the environment. I like this side panel with the info.

Great suggestion, I’ll look into some sort of glow effect. Thanks!

nice and fast :slight_smile:

1 Like