I’ve got a problem on my R3F animation (I assume) that seems to be too heavy although I’m not sure it’s not a normal situation.
The animation loads correctly on all computers - but seems to make them whistle:
- https://site-iyzmct496-vil-silicofr.vercel.app/ (play with step 2 and step 1 to test)
- On brave old computer it goes up to 35-40fps ans on my computer (32go ram, rtx-3060) 55-60fps
It loads very poorly and badly on smartphones :
- 5 fps at most on android, and it works since I tried different things :
- Device Pixel Ratio
- Removing effect composer (just gained 5 fps)
- Trying to destroy the scene block by block to know which was involved
- All the glb files (8 to 50kb and two to 300kb) are handmade with blender & very simple, i tried to remove them, things do not speed up
All my models are (mainly lightweight) and the file is created with GLTFJSX
Only one model loaded with draco (not my model and compressed - it works well), <100kb
Each file (ex: Fourviere.jsx) imports its glb (fourviere.glb), and is then imported in another file that itself is imported in my canvas
Each different parts are separated in the code.
Is there any way I can know which funtionnality consumes the most ?
Is my canvas too big ?
Could the problem come from my assets ?
Is there something shocking in there ?
Here are the scenes’ files :