Ionic ios app with threejs restarts after replacing model a few times, sometimes some material becomes black

Hello everyone.

I’m developing a web app with ionic that needs to be run on iPad.
In this app i have a simple threejs scene with a model loaded with a gltf-loader, orbit controls to rotate around the model, three directional lights and a scene.env map generated with a PMREMGenerator.

The model can be changed with a click with five others models that replace everytime the previous one. All these glb weight from 8 to 16 mb and are loaded from a local folder.
I always remove the previous model from the scene and then i add the new one, but every time i assign the new gltf to the same Object3D reference.

My issue is that after a while, if i quickly change the model displayed the app restarts and i can’t understand why, from the safari developer tools i can tell that there aren’t memory leaks.

Also, sometimes, when i change model, transparent materials of that model are loaded black.

I’ve tried on two different iPads

iPad 8th gen, iOS 14.6 threejs npm 0.128.0, Dark material NO, application restart YES
iPad 8th gen, iOS 15.1 threejs npm 0.128.0, Dark material YES, application restart YES
iPad 8th gen, iOS 15.1 threejs npm 0.134.0, Dark material YES, application restart YES

Unfortunately i can’t share a video of the app but i’ve recorded a video while trying a threejs example with the same mechanic on two different iPads and with iOS i’ve encountered the same issues that i’ve described above.
As you can see after some model change the new ones are loaded black, and at 28 seconds (more or less) you can see a reload of the page that seems to me like the restarts of the app.

iPad 8th gen, iOS 14.6 Dark material NO, page reload NO
iPad 8th gen, iOS 15.1 Dark material YES, page reload YES

Thank you in advance