Recently I had worked on a project very much inspired by https://jesse-zhou.com/ as seen in threejs front page.
The source code is available in github but I had taken only the raycaster method which work for both desktop and mobile. Rest I had developed from scratch.
Key challenges and solution
- The running stock market screen. (offset texture in loop)
- New pointer for raycaster that is suitable for touch and click events. (watch both ‘pointerdown’ and ‘pointerup’ event)
- Loading video and pausing till first user interaction. (load and pause video and play when user want it to play)
- Achieved front neon light effect without bloom post processing. (used rectarea lights with blured normal in front board)
- All the source code can be edited from browser. (developed a online boilerplate for internal team called deploy3.dev)
- Completed entire site in 5 days. (earlier it took 1 month+ to complete such project)
Request your feedback to improve myself.
live link: Jiva International