Garden Room Planner

Here’s a project I’ve been working on. Its purpose is to let users to design garden rooms. Garden rooms/offices are quite popular in the United Kingdom.

http://gardenroomplanner.com/editor

Any feedback or suggestions appreciated :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Awesome project! :love_you_gesture:

Keep on being amazed at how skilled the folks that frequent this board are: constantly in awe!

4 Likes

Very nice! I would love one of these for an office.

2 Likes

This is really great! I love how you’re resizing the geometry with a simple click-drag. Although for some reason, when I try to add an awning-style window, the ceiling disappears!

The roof & walls are supposed to hide depending on the type of object you are interacting with. There is a “view” button to show and hide these manually.

Thanks, this is useful feedback. I guess it might seem confusing to users. I will need to thing a little bit more about the controls :slight_smile:

Excellent work!

Looks great! :blush:

I have found a few issues I think, but I assume you are still working on this:

• There are text fields to input the sizes, but I can’t input a number in them.
  • Moving objects around on the walls seems to cause issues when there are multiple on the same height. The windows could not be moved around sometimes, until I moved them down.
  • It might be a good idea to let people know before removing a door on the side, when you make it too small they just dissappear, maybe you can prompt them or at least let them know it will be removed.

I also have a few more technical questions, but along with that I would like to request if I can read through the source code, it seems like a great learning opportunity. (Of course you don’t have to, but I have nothing to lose by asking). If its not allowed I would love to ask some questions, sine I need to create a similar concept for a different product.