Amazing 3D Tech Earth created using Threejs 【Open source】

Threejs + Typescript Create 3D Earth

Live: earth
Code: Code
earth

9 Likes

the cat was nice. the earth did never load though.

Looks beautiful.

Too many debug messages in the console.

One suggestion: the dots around the globe are not uniformly placed, they are concentrated near the poles, most likely you use sphere geometry for vertices. To have a better distribution, you can use icosahedron geometry with a large number of division (e.g. 10).

Joking apart in these times, I hope this isn’t the planned trajectory of future missiles :wink:

looks pretty

The loading time seems a bit too long compared to what I’m seeing in the end. Maybe slow CDN? Maybe assets are too large?

Anyway, congratulations and well done!

PS:
Cat does look very nice

Hahaha, the network is not good, you can go to github clone down, run yourself

Thank you, man. I’ll change whenever I can

I hope it’s the flying line of global trade :grinning:

1 Like

This is my cat, miki. It’s too slow because my server doesn’t have enough bandwidth

1 Like

Did you know, you could use the github feature called “github pages” to host this kind of sites directly off your github?

I know, but in China, it looks like github will be slower than my server

This is awesome! will take inspiration from this to create something new. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!!!

What a work you got here, I’ve used your source code on my project, and I’m thinking that you deserve a tag on my post, I’ve integrated it with laravel-mix do you have any linkedin account so that I can tag you on my post?

Looking forward for your answer here!

1 Like

I don’t have Linkedin yet, but you can add me to discord. I’d love to make more friends discord: GhostCat#4376

y r u not in 3js server :weary: