Groove Jones, a world-renowned and award-winning studio specializing in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Interactive Entertainment technologies, is currently seeking a person to take on the role of Web XR Developer The ideal candidate will have a helpful, proactive, and supportive work ethic. You will get to experience the latest cutting-edge technologies and work with exciting clients. This is a contract role - Remote or Local
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determining the proper technology and designing the best way to execute web-based AR/VR projects to meet client needs
- Understanding latest libraries such as React3Fiber, React.js, three.js and webGL to build visually stunning AR experiences
- May also develop web-based AR experiences using 1 or more AR libraries like Zappar, 8th Wall, DeepAR, or other entrants
- Optimizing AR/VR experience for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement and help design optimal user flow for AR use from a webpage
- Ensuring the AR design is optimized for multiple browsers and mobile devices
- Building reusable code for future use.
- The ability to design web landing pages to launch AR is a plus
3+ years React 3 Fiber, React.js, three.js or WebGL knowledge
Previous web front-end development experience (include examples if possible)
Experience working with a technical/developer team- Past experience working in AR/VR space
Bonus: Experience deploying a web AR campaign. Please include a link for reference!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
About Groove Jones Culture
Groove Jones is more than just a creative and technology studio. Founded in 2015, Groove Jones is an award-winning studio where accomplished artists and engineers leverage preeminent technology to produce extraordinary creative solutions. If you want to be part of a team whose work is talked about, recognized by their industry peers, and wins awards then this is your place.
Throughout our history, we have maintained the singular vision to inspire, engage and entertain by bringing imagination to life. This compels us to push the boundaries of ingenuity while valuing a reliable production process geared toward creative thinking and innovation.
Our 15,000 square foot studio is located near the heart of Dallas’ cultural and music-centric district, Deep Ellum and the Art Deco inspired Fair Park. People love our home. If you walk the halls of our office you will find both dogs and cats, living together in harmony. We are a single interdisciplinary team of artists, technologists, industrial designers, brand strategists, graphic designers, usability experts, interior designers, content creators, engineers, fabricators, and project managers. Our fridge is stocked with premium drinks and our kitchen always has a changing stock of snacks and sweets for everyone to enjoy.
For more information visit - www.groovejones.com
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the majority of our team are working remotely. We have accommodated our office in line with social distancing best practices and have a process in place should any of the team have a need to work from the office.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.