WebVR experience :: Dying To Find

Heya!

My friend and I have been working on an apocalyptic / moody / environmental WebVR piece and thought I’d share it with the three.js community~~
https://codercat.tk/dying-to-find

Its made with three.js, A-frame, and Houdini, and has been tested on chrome and Oculus browser. It’s mostly focused on the visuals/ambience, but there are a few interactive elements that encourage you to explore the environment~~ Let me know if you have any questions about how things were made, or any feedback in general!

7 Likes

this is great! the initial load was a bit much but worth it.

1 Like

thankss, yea its quite long… need to optimize the assets somehow, will look into it:)

Very impressed. Your code looks very professional as well. You and your friend are marketable entities!

When I get some more development funds I might connect if that would be ok.

1 Like

thanks! yea we’re always open to collaborations:)

This is awesome!

1 Like

I love the effect of being inside the ball. Totally expected it to be a thin wall. How did you get the volume effect?

1 Like

thanks! It’s just another half-sphere inside :slight_smile: modeled to fit the terrain so the ground is covered

1 Like

Very atmospheric! )) I love these locations.

1 Like

thank you! My friend made the static geo in Houdini, using San Francisco city map data as a reference for procedurally placing buildings / roads

1 Like

I believe I have “escaped”
I opened the doors and went through and want to know if there is more to be discovered,
Thanks!