WebVR cardboard input

Hello,

I’m trying to use the native webvr api activated by the chrome token like in the threejs cube example and it works fine.
https://threejs.org/examples/#webvr_cubes
But the problem is that when I enable the vr, no more click/touch event are triggered they’re always binded but the event don’t go through and I’m not able to get an event working on any element .(document/window/canvas/body).
I can see others examples with input from daydream, gearvr or vive but what about cardboard using touch ?
Does someone have a solution ?
Thx.

What device/smartphone are you using?

I’m testing with the samsung s8 but I wonder there is the same pb on any device

So you hit the button Enter VR, VR presentation starts and click/touch events don’t work anymore, right?

Not really because i’ve made my own button manager, I don’t usie THREEJS webvr example, but after doing

renderer.vr.enabled = true;
renderer.vr.setDevice(vrDisplay);
vrDisplay.requestPresent([
    {
        source: renderer.domElement
    }
]);

Before or after exit vr all event works fine and in THREEJS I don’t find anything about unbind event in the WebVRManager.

I see. TBH, i don’t know an answer to this question. I currently develop only with Daydream. Maybe someone else of the community can enlighten us :blush:.

Thx for your answer.
Someone using cardboard with touch can help pls ?
I’m searching too a solution to enable the WebVR API in Safari.
Is there a token solution like for chrome ?

Do you mean the origin trials tokens? AFAIK, this is a Chrome exclusive feature:

yes :frowning:
So I think i need to use the polyfill anyway for crossbrowser and touch events support.