Three js WebXR Session creation problem

Hi,
I am getting the following error when I click on AR button created using three.js ARButton.js.
“could not create a session because : the runtime for this configuration could not be installed.” Not able to start the camera after clicking on “Start AR” Button
Can someone guide me on why this error occurs and how to resolve it.

Well, sometimes WebXR is available but the device only has VR capabilities. Maybe this is true for your device?

Same issue in the context of A-Frame:

Are you using r125?

Yes. The device used for testing is also compatible for AR.

Captured error for reference
Could not create a session because: The runtime for this configuration could not be installed
Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The specified session configuration is not supported.
Promise.then (async)
button.onclick @ ARButton.js:96 navigator.xr.requestSession( ‘immersive-ar’, sessionInit ).then( onSessionStarted );

Do you have a link we can test?

1 Like

Hello sir,

I’m encountering the same problem (I think). I have a build here

I can’t find any solution to the problem and I’m making sure that the problem is just the phone I’m using does not support AR. note: I’ve tested on multiple devices and it’s a hit and miss, some works and other don’t.

My initial problem is discourse threejs ticket 55895 and I thought seeing the error first hand might help. have a good day.