Join a growing team of engineers working on programmatic 3D geometry and GIS applications in the commercial real estate and urban planning market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interacting closely with content experts to develop nuanced algorithms for the visualization of 3D urban landscapes
- Working with large geospatial datasets to produce real-time results for a web-based service
- Collaborating with a distributed team of designers and engineers using tools and infrastructure like Git, Docker, Kubernetes, CI, etc.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable about and experienced in applied vector math and clipping algorithms
- Experienced in evaluating and manipulating 2D and 3D data in the form of meshes and discrete geometric features
- Capable of creating and consuming RESTful APIs with an understanding of their implementation
Nice to have:
- Experience with GIS data formats and spatial data modeling (GeoJSON, etc.)
- Knowledge of 2D tile-based mapping libraries like Leaflet and Mapbox.
Both onsite and remote considered.
Envelope (http://www.envelope.city) is a technology company spun out of a longtime collaboration between award-winning SHoP Architects and the Director of MIT’s Civic Data Design Lab. Our 3D urban mapping platform integrates proprietary geospatial datasets, sophisticated algorithms, and iterative scenario analysis. We enable real estate professionals to visualize opportunity and make faster, smarter, and more discreet investment decisions.
We’re building a cutting-edge 3D spatial analysis and visualization platform, and building it well. We care about design – our roots are in architecture, after all. We care about clean, high-quality code. We’re diligent about documentation. We are dedicated to a rapid build-test-ship-repeat development model. We enjoy spending time with smart people solving tough problems. We don’t mind when our team works remotely as-needed, because we’re self-motivated enough to get the job done wherever we are.
We are lucky to have our offices in the beautiful Woolworth Building near the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge with easy access to all public transportation. We go on periodic excursions into the city to see the real-world effects of the zoning code, and get to know each other outside the office. Most importantly we have a good burr grinder and a Chemex and gorgeous views of the city from the 21st floor.
Our small team is passionate about what we do, eager to tackle serious challenges, and growing quickly. We offer fully-paid individual health care, flexible vacation days, periodic all-team dinners with curated wines from our vintner co-founder, discounts on transit, and a range of additional benefits. Salary and equity are commensurate with experience.
Envelope provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply here: https://envelope.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06v1o