Some various showcase demo

Hello,

Here is a couple of projects I done using the wonderful ThreeJS library, I hope you will enjoy them :

Talbot Lago

Simple car render and configurator, you can also play it with the arrow keys.

Combi Factory

VW Combi configurator, based on the previous Talbot test.

Slingshot

A fun slingshot test with a custom physic. You can launch balls with it !

I have also some other content but maybe for a mature audience (or maybe not, may I can show them here ?)

You can see all of them here : https://4d.vonc.fr/demo

12 Likes

I do feel that the VW Combi configurator pivoted towards a different market:

:ā€™)

The correct link seems to be https://combi-factory.com/configurer/, the one above leads to weird places. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice! I like how clean they are, very well made :slight_smile:

Are you using OrbitControls on the VW Bus Configurator? Because I was looking for ways to offset the target of orbitcontrols like you do. Its orbiting around the Bus, but the bus is not at the center of the screen. How did you do that?

1 Like

Thanks, indeed, I fixed the correct link. :smiley:

The shader is a custom one, based on environmental map

I did not used the OrbitControls, I made my own control with a little trick, I donā€™t move the camera around the object but I rotate the object in X and Y rotation. The middle click button offset the camera position. :wink:

2 Likes

Haha !
Oops indeed, there is some interactive sounds when you play with it (but I canā€™t edit my message anymore). It was very fun to do and technically very interesting !

@Cesar Sorry, but we do not allow NSFW content in this forum. Hence, we have to delete your post.

No problem. :wink:

1 Like

enļ¼Œgood jobļ¼ Iā€™m curious about the tools used to generate your .sdr models.From the examples you gave, I can see that you have a strong ability in renderingļ¼ˆshaderļ¼‰ and model animation. Can you share your development experienceļ¼Ÿ :smiley:

Thanks ! :slight_smile:
The .sdr is a custom file format I made especially to add custom data to the vertices, itā€™s pretty like an OBJ structure in binary, I add vertex color that I blend in a custom shader to make vertex lightmap, it looks very well on static objects. :wink:

The only trick for the shader is the way I mix color with light, I donā€™t use the standard mix to multiply color by light, but I prefer other mode :

vec3 melange(vec3 texA, vec3 texB, float a) {

vec3 fin2;
	fin2.r = (texA.r < 0.5) ? (2.0 * texB.r * texA.r) : (1.0 - 2.0 * (1.0 - texB.r) * (1.0 - texA.r) / 1.0);
	fin2.g = (texA.g < 0.5) ? (2.0 * texB.g * texA.g) : (1.0 - 2.0 * (1.0 - texB.g) * (1.0 - texA.g) / 1.0);
	fin2.b = (texA.b < 0.5) ? (2.0 * texB.b * texA.b) : (1.0 - 2.0 * (1.0 - texB.b) * (1.0 - texA.b) / 1.0);

vec3 fin;
	fin.r = (texB.r < 0.5) ? (2.0 * texA.r * texB.r) : (1.0 - 2.0 * (1.0 - texA.r) * (1.0 - texB.r) / 1.0);
	fin.g = (texB.g < 0.5) ? (2.0 * texA.g * texB.g) : (1.0 - 2.0 * (1.0 - texA.g) * (1.0 - texB.g) / 1.0);
	fin.b = (texB.b < 0.5) ? (2.0 * texA.b * texB.b) : (1.0 - 2.0 * (1.0 - texA.b) * (1.0 - texB.b) / 1.0);

return mix(fin, fin2, a);
}

Itā€™s a mix between some blend modes I adjust for each material.

1 Like

These are pretty fun! Great work!!

1 Like