Sketchbook v0.4 (three.js + cannon.js playground)

Thanks!

Also check out CrookTown, which is a modification of Sketchbook in active development. http://crook.town/

Sketchbook itself probably won’t be extended further anytime soon.

4 Likes

Ya you should make it multiplayer and add more maps and new vehicles.

sounds like a gta for me HAHHAHHA

please make a javascript version for non typescript programmers like me

whens the next update

That comment makes no sense. Just run the compiler (tsc) and you’ll have a javascript version.
I would (highly) recommend learning Typescript though, especially if you’re working on larger projects :smiling_face:

it does make sense to me because I don’t know type script, I have ideas in typescript but I am used to jquery and javascript. The compiler creates a minified version of the typescript which cannot be modified directly. Yup I am leaning typescript on my freetime.

That’s not true.

1 Like

we would love to see an update, with new maps and features, like shooting and map

Overall amazing game. There is a funny glitch I found where if you drive into the cube with pillars inside, in between the plane and heli, which basically throws you backwards. Its very funny, but you should consider keeping or removing it. I also think that there should be a first person view for the character, and something like a grappler to move around the map.

1 Like

I especially like tunnel race, so I had and idea… you could add different cars! I was thinking some off-road cars with better traction, fast cars that are, well, fast, and drift cars that can drift well.

1 Like

I have learned your code. One thing I’m puzzled about is how you defined the collision behavior between different materials when you set the CANNON material for the character’s rigid body composed of three spheres, but did not add it to the physical world or create and add ContactMaterial :thinking:

1 Like

You don’t need to explicitly define contact materials right? From the docs:

If there’s no matching ContactMaterial, the value from .defaultContactMaterial in the World will be used.

And adding physics to the world happens when you add the character entity to the world:

1 Like

broke my heli lol

1 Like

So cooolll mate ! Love it !

if this were multiplayer people could race, demo derby, drive around

1 Like

i hope they add multiplayer

that would be so fun

I have made a Three + Cannon from Sketchbook 2 years ago and its multiplayer, this I rewrite Sketchbook from typescript to jquery.

I added mobile controls joy stick and auto navigation by double clicking on the position to allow user to just sit back and let the avatar or vehicle navigate towards the position.

I simply renamed sketchbook to Threeverse

Other sample made from threejs + cannon
Interior design
Race circuit
Toy cars
DDust

On progress

wow that’s great

1 Like