Quill VR animation to .glb

Thank you for looking into this issue! I reported it to Spark AR.
Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Good Day @donmccurdy

I didnā€™t get notified of your response,
I made a quick sim for alembic in Blender.

I was able to verify that the Obj and its MTL file has textures, But when I import them into Threejs Editor, The textures are not seen / not getting imported.

So my final converted GLB will also not have the textures.

This is in Blender

This is final version in GLB viewer

@donmccurdy Any comments on this please.

@Suraj_K_M it sounds like you are running into Editor: Add support for importing OBJ/MTL assets with textures. Ā· Issue #19781 Ā· mrdoob/three.js Ā· GitHub, the three.js editor cannot load the textures from OBJ+MTL files. It would require a format (like .glb or .fbx) that can embed the textures in the file. If you can merge all the OBJ files in something like Blender instead, it will have the same effect. I would probably suggest starting a new thread since we are no longer on the OPā€™s question here. :slight_smile:

Man, how did you compress this file
liquid_animated.glb (2.6 MB)? This file works perfect with my AR proj. But another animation Iā€™ve done is much bigger than yours. I compressed with Draco but after that glb doesn work in AR( in gltf viewer it works fine). I linked the result with your animation

Thank you so much for your help,MAN! It is very helpful! I also tried to export textures with Blender 3.3( thereā€™s new obj export with vertex color) But animation always blinks

I had the same issue @Aleksandr_Kar, i was able to fix it by renaming the first 10 frames from untitled1.obj to untitled01.obj so that all files have the same number of 0s.