Ordered display of different models?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this, I’m pretty much a beginner with JavaScript so this might just be a general question rather than one specifically about three.js, but I think I’m asking in the right place.

For the project I’m working on, I want to be able to display a number of different 3D models in a specific order. To switch between the different models on display, I was going to use back “<” and forward “>” buttons, similar to what you might have on a slideshow. Each model in the “slideshow” will have some number of numbered labels that hover around the object, and when clicked display relevant information about that part of the object.

That being said, I’ve already figured out how to display the model I want using OBJ loader as well as how to place down these labels to be displayed at a particular 3D coordinate, however I’m not so sure how to implement the ordered displaying of the different models.

My idea is to split up each different “slide show” into its own folder containing all the .obj models and their corresponding .mtl files and textures, as well as text documents containing all the coordinates and text for the labels, which accompany each 3D model. I would then load each one into an ordered linked list so I could merely just step through the list and load whatever assets are in the current node of the list.

Would this be an efficient and/or viable way of achieving this? I’m not quite sure how to swap out one model or scene in three.js with the next one.

Sorry if this isn’t the proper place to inquire about this.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Maybe this demo illustrates the basics of what you are looking for:

https://jsfiddle.net/f2Lommf5/6649/

1 Like

I’ll check it out. Thanks so much for the response!