Need three.js tutor $50 an hour

Hi everyone! This is my first post and I am really excited to be part of this forum. I am a 2D/3D artist who has been working in film and game development for most of my professional life.

I’d love to learn the basics of three.js, so I am looking for a tutor who can do online training sessions with me.

I know exactly what I want to learn so training sessions will be a simple Q&A between us where I ask basic questions like “how to add rotation to an object” or “how to turn off an object’s visibility”

I have already figured out basics like this on my own, but I know I can speed up my learning process by being able to ask an expert questions directly.

So if you love JavaScript and three.js and would like to make $50 an hour please reach out!

1 Like

Been JS developer last 6 or 7 years and just started building with three.js a few months ago.

Definitely not a three.js pro, but been working with it for some time now. Quite curious what your questions are and if I could help you competently.

Why dont you post your question at here? I think there are many people would like to help you.

4 Likes

@makman
i agree more with this! post whatever is bugging you here and the forum will be glad to help. you’ll learn everything there’s to learn in no time

2 Likes

@makman
Welcome to the forum. three.js is quite fun and is a powerful tool also. I understand how you’d feel it to be useful to be tutored, and the money that you offer is quite reasonable too. The issue is: three.js is a fairly new technology, and it has evolved quite rapidly, what was true 3 years ago about the library is no longer valid.

I would venture to say that there are very few experts out there, compared to many other, older technologies. And most of those who are experts are active developers, for whom your reasonable offer will not be as attractive. I don’t mean to say that there aren’t many skilled individuals here, just that you might be better served reading a book or making targeted offers towards specific individuals.

Have a look for post like this one:

there are a lot of good learning resources out there. Good luck!

4 Likes

@makman you might find my book useful. The first couple of sections are free and make up a complete beginner friendly introduction to three.js.

I’m particularly interested in getting feedback from people who are already graphics experts but new to web development, so if anything is unclear or you have any suggestions please reach out via PM here and I’ll be happy to help you out.

Aside from that, I agree with the others - if you have any questions, ask them here and we’ll be happy to help you out! Welcome aboard :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you everyone!!! :blush:

You are all correct!! I didn’t want to bother anyone with my beginner questions, but it is so much better to share in the conversation.

Thanks a head of time for all the help from the community here!

3 Likes

I have 16 years experience in the computer graphics and 3d engines. Possibly I can help. Feel free to contact me via Skype (sergeymak821).