Hi everyone ,
I noticed something weird happening with the materials when I use the GLTF-exporter (the color information is somewhat lost).
2. Import the model in the three.js editor (plus add llights):
3. Now export the scene as a gltf file:
test-figure-1-web-based-export.gltf (101.4 KB)
4. Import the gltf file to Blender or https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/ and see how the material has changed:
- The blue material has the default settings in Blender, except for the colors. So no subsurface modifier or anything
- With some models, I don’t experience this problem at all
- This model was a child of an armature with animations, but I removed all the animations from the file, along with the armature modifier and the armature itself. The mesh of the figure is not in any kind of parent-child relationship now.
I spent a lot of time debugging this issue already, but couldn’t find anything useful (the “Color Attribute”-node in the shader of the re-imprted gltf model definitely seems suspicious though). Any help would be greatly appreciated!