I’m struggling a little with this one. Basically I am trying to get this obj file Simple.obj (115 Bytes) to look like what I have in the following picture. There is no .mtl files associated with the files I am looking at
I have tried using all sort of lighting (point , directional etc…) and different materials but they all look terrible. Reading up on this I believe it’s do with a mixture of things that I am doing wrong. so here are my questions
- Normals information in the obj. How do I check if there is this is present or not and what is the correct way to create these if there are not. I’m assuming without this no directional lighting will work and materials will not look right??
- What material should I use to get the effect ? If I wanted it to be more metallic looking what would I do?
- How do I get a bottom grid similar to what is in the picture. Is there something built in to threejs or do I need to load my own image?
- Should my light source position be coming from the same position as the camera?
- I also need to load stl files. Does it work in the same way with regards normals?
Thanks in advance