How to prevent the movement of child without parent

In my script, I add box mesh . Then I added a sprite element for labeling the box. That label is attached with box as child . In that, the child is able to move individually without moving parent. I want to stop that. The child should be movable with the parent only not separately. How to do that?

1 Like

Try attaching the label as child of the box instead. Unlike in real life, children follow their parents in three.js.

1 Like

Oh. So there is no way for stopping the independent movement of child. Right?

Actually, I need the movement of child only following the parent. Not independent move of child

If you don’t want it to move, don’t move it.

But I have placed the child in front of the object. So if I click and drag the object at the place of it’s child by mistake, the object won’t move. But the child will be moved.

I didn’t know you were talking about mouse click interaction. If so, I recommend that you add a boolean “clickable” property to your objects, and change clicked object to its parent until you get to a clickable one.

yes, that is a nice idea. I thought, there may be an inbuilt function or method to stop the independent move of child. So only I asked. Thank you

You should always take care to describe your problem clearly, preferably with a jsfiddle or other live demonstration. There are templates in the pinned post