DUNA: mini-game & virtual environments showcase

ezgif-1-4fb4145f6a

Hello everyone,

I am excited to present my first project in three.js called DUNA. This project was developed at Endor, my newborn startup, and is divided into two parts: a landing page with a mini-game and a showcase of virtual environments.

The landing page features a fun and challenging mini-game where players must navigate a marble into a portal. The game is designed to test players’ hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills, while also introducing them to the concept of navigating a 3D space.

The second part of the project is a showcase of virtual environments, which highlights the capabilities of three.js and DUNA to create stunning and realistic 3D environments. Users can explore a variety of environments, from a lost theatre in the desert to a peaceful car garage.

This is the link to try it out: https://duna.endor.studio

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

damn love the design of the sand dune scene, the lighting is :heart_eyes: any postprocessing?

2 Likes

Our goal for the scene was to create something beautiful but very light, all the lights and shadow are baked, for the illumination we just use an environment map and there is no post processing

1 Like

Hey, fantastic work! I really like the material on the DUNA logo in the minigame, can I ask you what settings you used? And what about the shader on portals?

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your kind words :smile:, this is what I’m using for the DUNA material

THREE.MeshPhysicalMaterial({
    roughness: 0.4,
    metalness: .2,
    reflectivity: 1,
    clearcoat: 0,
    clearcoatRoughness: 1,
    transmission: 1,
    color: 'white',
    emissive: 'white',
    emissiveIntensity: .3
})

The portal is a custom shader!