Die Taschenuhr (The pocket watch)

Hi community!
Video:

DEMO: https://codepen.io/prisoner849/full/OJaOjwN

It’s all started with an experiment of CatenaryCurve: https://codepen.io/prisoner849/pen/dyQROYz (kudo to @gsimone)
Then I though, that it would be interesting to use the same approach - building of a chain - in a scene with a pocket watch.

All the stuff here’s built with the code, except the cubemap.

PS Sound is simply ticking :slight_smile:

20 Likes

This is amazing. Chapeau!

Loved the insane attention to details.

It’s good that the caption is in German, not in English

2 Likes

Considering this is all code, impressive work as always :clap: :clap: :clap:! It was worth the wait!

2 Likes

@PavelBoytchev @Fennec thanks, guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Observing Your Work, I remember a phrase by Louis Armstrong: What a Wonderful World :wink:

2 Likes

@jrlazz ah! thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Как в детстве тикают часы…
Тактично путь наш отбивают.
Своей работой чудной красоты
Нас Paul в детство возвращает…
:melting_face: :innocent: :melting_face:

Oh my God, they’re coming in real time :innocent: :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Here is my very rough and loose attempt to translate @lyusisan couplet into English:

Like ticking watch along an infancy…
That gently marks the span of your life.
With a wonderful creation of delicacy
Paul lets us be again as old as five…

2 Likes

Thank you very much. You are so kind)

1 Like

This is cool :+1:

1 Like

Excellent! For some reason all the nice detail (including the numbers) do not show up unless you scroll in. Do you know why that is?

(It reminds me of when I was young and found an old broken pocket watch by a rusted Model T truck in the woods. I always resolved to get one when I grew up and I did. (The watch, not the Model T.)

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I use MeshPhysicalMaterial with transmission for the crystal :thinking:
I’ve noticed the behaviour, you described, on my mobile phone, but on PC everyting is fine.

That’s odd. I am viewing it using the latest standard version of Chrome on a PC with a relatively new CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics) and a GPU and monitor that are over 5 years old (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB and 1920x1080 monitor). So I would guess that my GPU is to blame.
EDIT: Of course, the video looks fine and provides a comparison of how things look with how they should look. The big difference is the clockface. I see only dots on my PC until I scroll in.

speechless work
@prisoner849 you are the Artist )

1 Like