I’m hitting GPU Memory problems with my current workflow of using glTFs with jpg and png images on mobile. Sadly I can’t find a good setup to avoid that.
I guess the next step is to either use GPU compressed texture formats like basis or to reduce the texture resolution. Sadly I haven’t figured out a good workflow for rcreating and linking optimized assets.
My questions are:
- Is the basis texture format already a feasible format for all platforms?
- Is it possible to link basis textures in glTF files?
- What tools do you use to create optimized textures (with Mipmaps / Texture Atlases)?
- Is there a possibility to check the available GPU memory to load low res textures for mobile devices?
- Is there an ETA for including basis textures in glTFs?
Right now, we’re using Blender to export the glTF files, which only supports exporting jpegs and pngs.
I would love to hear from your workflows to optimize the textures and models for the web!