Hi everyone! I’d like to share A Home Among the Bamboo (四时竹声), an interactive 3D recreation of the place where I grew up.
My childhood home was surrounded by bamboo, across a reservoir that we crossed in a wooden boat. Years later, I used a few photos, my memories, and AI assistance to rebuild a little of that place in the browser. I live among tall buildings now, but wanted to keep something of that home here.
You can wander through the grove, rest on the veranda, change the time of day and weather, or look up at the moon. Turn on Listen for wind, rain, birds, and insects; sound is off by default.
Built with Three.js, React, and TypeScript. The experience is available in English, Chinese, and Japanese.
A moment under the moon:
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the atmosphere, lighting, and experience of exploring the scene. Thanks for taking a look!

