THREE.JS Wrappers for creating geometries with video textures

Hi all,

I have written some wrappers for THREE.JS for one line functions to create geometries and apply video textures. I need to be pointed in the right direction for a pull request, and how QA follows up, and when if at all it ends up in an addon, or if it passes muster, in the core. I wrote a bunch of these damn wrapper functions because I am sort of lazy… Please advise when not busy. TY.

I don’t think this is something that will be added to core… they try to keep core pretty slimmed down… It’s a constant war against gravity to keep core small… but it sounds like a useful addon. :slight_smile: Do you have it in a github repo somewhere + a demo?

GITHUB. Give me a few days to get a vps happening, and I’ll send a demo link.

1 Like

Ok. You might want to consider making a demo using jsfiddle or codepen or glitch. This encourages people to try it out and helps make it easy to use.
Also you can host a demo directly from github by going to the “github pages” setting and enabling it… then github will serve your project directory automatically on a URL and automatically update it when you push new commits. It’s like 3 clicks.

For instance here on a library I maintain: GitHub - manthrax/THREE-CSGMesh: Conversion of a CSG library for use with modern THREE.js
The demos are just hosted directly by github pages. No external server required.

a youtube describing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-yT2Err6PE

As manthrax said that doesn’tt sound like something that’ll end up in the core lib (or even in the addons). How about making a pull request at drei/vanilla?

1 Like