Three.js raycaster.intersectObjects( scene.children, true ) does not detect skinnedMesh when BufferGeometry is in back

I build a scene and added multiple gltf models. Three.js detects a SkinnedMesh only rarely when it is in front of a BufferGeometry, even though it always detects the SkinnedMesh when the BufferGeometry is not added to the scene. In front of a PlaneGeometry the SkinnedMesh becomes detected. When BufferGeometry and SkinnedMesh are added to the scene, they are both contained in scene.children and become returned with intersects[ 0 ].object.name. Most times when intersecting the SkinnedMesh, the BufferGeometry in behind becomes returned. This also accounts for raycaster.intersectObjects( scene.children ). This are my relevant lines of code:

raycaster.setFromCamera( mouse, camera );
const intersects = raycaster.intersectObjects( scene.children, true ); 

for ( let i = 0; i < intersects.length; i ++ )
{
    if(intersects[ 0 ].object.name === "Corgi")
    {
          console.log('corgi');
    }

}

What do I need to do to detect the SkinnedMesh? I tried with three.js version r126 and r134.
I appreciate help A LOT! THANKS!

i think i faced an issue where , if the rig/bones/skeleton has translated , rotated or scaled the skinned mesh , the ray cast does not work or its off

Thanks! Thats likely part of the solution, because the skinnedMesh is translating all the time. Nevertheless it relates to the object in behind the skinnedMesh too, because when only a PlaneGeometry is in behind it is working perfectly. Any ideas how to solve this issue?