Three js examples doesn't work on IPhone with an Apache tomcat server

Hi all,

Hope i’m in the good forum, but if not, please tell me…
I developped with an old version of three js. Today, i decided to install the last one and discover that, now, it works with module. That’s not a problem for me but, i don’t understand why it doesn’t work on my mobile (IPHONE). To test it, i upload all the download directory on my server (apache tomcat) and launch some examples. But any examples doesn’t work. It seems to be a problem with import of module but i don’t understand why ? Is there something special to do to use module ? it works good on my desktop but not on my IPHONE…
Please help !
Thanks a lot.

What browser in what version are you using? It seems to me your browser does not support ES6 modules.

Hi Mugen87,

Thanks for your response. I have a doubt that’s due to the version cause it’s an iphone XI with ios 13.5.1 and the behavior on the IPhone is exactly the same one with Safari or Chrome…
Any idea ? Is there something special to do more than copy all the file of three js on the server to use it ??

I think we would need to know what error your iPhone is getting. If you have a macOS computer you can find that out by following these steps: https://medium.com/better-programming/debugging-your-iphone-mobile-web-app-using-safari-development-tools-71240657c487 … otherwise I think you may need to share a URL to your Apache server.

1 Like

Hi donmccurdy,

Thanks for your reply. I found the solution. It was a problem of right on the directories due to the security system of my server. That solved ! Thank again !

1 Like