Third person character controller

Found!

For any noob like me: Blender, add custom properties, check glTF export settings.

For example:
physics - trimesh
visible - true

Oh sorry for not responding.

My specific solution to this was to tag stuff in Blender or the three.js online editor. But that’s really just a dirty temporary solution, and it’s not a part of the Sketchbook at all. I’d welcome any suggestions on how to improve / simplify this process.

But I’ll get to work on Sketchbook in a few months again, currently I’m working on graphics for it.
I’m happy to hear you’re interested though. I’d be happy to see your experiments and help you with any problems you enconter. Just keep in mind that Sketchbook is a heavy work in progress and not ready for much right now.

Cheers. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I will surely do so! Right now I am really just playing around with the basics, first and foremost I am planning to get used to sculpt some objects in blender and explore them in your environment. What I like the most as for now is the simplicity of your setup, it just works and it is fun to use.

1 Like

Find the treasure.I like it,thank you very much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome job swifterik! Thank you also to set it up for open source. I am watching your repo and I am happy to see further processes to this project.

1 Like

Glad you like my project. I may not do a lot of work in the near future, as I’m working on my website, but hopefully I’ll come back to the project one day. I accept pull requests should you want to contribute. :slight_smile:

Also, this post is quite old, I’ve made a couple of posts since this one.

2 Likes

Thank you for the newer posts to this topic. I am happy that you accept pr contributions to your project. I will try in my free time to support your project. Maybe someone else asked already before, why did you choose the name Sketchbook? It’s remind me a little bit on the webdesign software Sketch :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be awesome if you contributed. I keep GitHub projects with my personal todo lists if you wanted to see what I plan to implement in an indeterminate future. Projects · swift502/Sketchbook · GitHub
But a lot of those tasks are very specific and boring maintenance stuff, so obviously feel free to contribute whatever you want.

I haven’t heard of Sketch before. The project is called Sketchbook because it has no purpose and really no specific final vision. It’s just my playground to do cool programming experiments. I considered names like “Playground” and “Sandbox”, but Sketchbook felt the best and was an available name on npm. (though having the project as an npm package doesn’t even make much sense now…)
It’s not a great name, but it was the best term I could come up with to describe a direction-less playground for programming experiments, especially since I also create all the 3D graphics myself, so it’s somewhat of an artistic endeavor for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

hi@swifterik

I and my daughters often play your game and it’s often the occasion of a good laugh with them :slight_smile:

Especially when we try to take the plane on the “mega ramp” and that without making express we involve it in our race with us …

2 Likes

Your approach to controlling the velocity and acceleration of the character’s rigid body seems excellent, but I find it challenging to grasp, especially the part about maintaining a certain distance between the character’s body and the ground. Where can I learn more about this approach? It seems quite mature, but I’m having difficulty finding relevant tutorials or documentation. :thinking:

I hope to learn it thoroughly