Our company is looking for a web development company to outsource the project. Project idea: it should be similar as a “Blender” but for web system to work with organic shape, medium polygon meshes (up to 10k points). Web system would need to import 3D models that can be modified within the system and after modification, models could be exported. The system would require:
• Model 3d environment (controllable camera, navigation cube, object tree (list of objects), function menu, where functions can be selected (functions: sculpting functions, Boolean, mesh split, fill open holes, reduce mesh etc.).
• Import/ export *.stl.
• Object functions – copy, delete, mirror.
• Sculpting tools – Brush, inflate, twist, smooth, flatten, pinch crease, drag.
• Model transformations (scale, rotate, move).
• Cross-section measurement tools, length measurement tools.
• Skeleton rigging (creation of bone structure inside model and its modification – when moving skeleton controlling mesh as well. Bone structure is simple structure from 3 bones)
• Prepare model for 3d print (Watertight / Non-Manifold, removing Auto Intersections/Internal Overlapping/Self-Intersecting Surfaces/ Reversed Faces/Inverted Normals/Surface Orientation)
• Spline creation/ extrusion. (Explanation: ability to create a closed contour from splines and extrude contour up to model geometry).
We also require such functions:
• Boolean (https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/generate/booleans.html);
• Mesh split (divide mesh into two parts according to the drawn line) (https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/meshes/editing/subdividing/bisect.html);
• Fill open mesh holes;
• Reduce mesh polygon/ point number;
• Shrinkwrap modifier;
• Solidify Modifier;
• Lattice Modifier;( https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/deform/lattice.html)
I would also be really grateful for any company recommendations.