Selective Bloom trough alpha materials on top of the bloom layer

Hello, first of all I want to thank you all for the amazing work that the community is doing in threejs and specifically in this forum. I have been a reader for years and most of the doubts and problems I have had have been solved thanks to this forum. thanks!!!

My question is the following.

I am implementing the selective bloom in one of my projects with three, an adaptation of this example: three.js webgl - postprocessing - unreal bloom selective

What I want to achieve is to get the bloom effect to pass through materials with alpha that are not in the bloom layer. Do you think this is possible?

I’ve tried to adapt something from this thread but I can’t get the effect I’m looking for: Selective UnrealBloomPass issues

Thanks in advance, Juan!

Hi again.

Adding a dummy example, a modification of the selective bloom official example. The idea is the plane in front of the spheres do not block the bloom effect. Do you think this is possible?

Video

Code Pen

Something like this? https://codepen.io/prisoner849/pen/popMrEV?editors=1000

1 Like

Hi @prisoner849

WoW. So simple and cleaver. Thanks. I will try this in my real implementation.

If I understand right its just set visibility to false in all the meshes with transparency in which the bloom effect has to pass through?

1 Like