Is there a way, in how I can swap out models and reupload them with a new model?

Hey guys,

So the way I have been approaching threejs is that I have first taken the initiative to understand this procedure:

1. run things locally (as a person who has had little to no experience, this took me a very long time to actually understand)
  2. so when i download a file DIRECTLY from github with all the:
    1)texture
    2)mtl file
    3)obj file.

I have been able to run the program through doing the:
1) npm install
2) npm run start
3) going to chrome and running it on google chrome local host

now my issue is, when I go to a website like sketcfab.com and i DOWNLOAD the gltf file, then do

1) npm install 
    2) npm run start
   3) going to chrome and running it on google chrome local host 

I cant seem to run anything…

im opening the shell WITHIN the sketchfab.zip in where i extracted the files.

BUT
because i was able to run the github one correctly in where I was able to see my model effectively, my question is:

Is there a way in where I can simply swap out stuff here and there within the js or html file from a website like sketchfab.com’s gltf file and then i can see the model ?

essentially, can i download the sketchfab’s gltf file and literally swap it out from the file that DOES work

Does this make sense at all ? I tried to make my confusion as understandable as possible.

You can always use the editor for a simple file preview. It supports drag’n’drop and many different file formats like glTF or FBX.

I you refer to an example like this one than no, that does not work since the existing model is hardwired in the code. I suggest you place new models in the examples/models directory and then adjust the code of the respective example to load them.