the link to the repo: https://github.com/pmndrs/assets
a playground: pmndrs assets - CodeSandbox
base64 is normally a bit larger, but with compression and subsetting these assets are a lot smaller than the original that people commonly use. for example:
- a common polyhaven HDRI is 1-2mb, the pmndrs/assets counterpart 100-200kb
- a common THREE.TextGeometry json 700-800kb, assets 30kb.
- a common normalmap is 300-400kb, assets 10kb
currently it contains:
- the full INTER font, all weights and variants, as woff (for troika et al) and json (for THREE.TextGeometry)
- over 300 matcaps compressed into webp
- 30 normal maps compressed into webp (cracks, hairlines, patterns, etc)
- 10 common HDRIs as EXR + DWAB compression
- a few models for quick prototyping compressed with gltf-functions (currently only the stanford bunny and dear suzi)
if you want to add something, you can submit a PR. it will auto compress assets so you don’t need to worry.