I’m trying to truncate a geometry object as shown in the gif below:
How would I achieve this?
My current idea is:
- find an equation for the desired truncation plane
- find equations for the edges being truncated and their intersections with the truncating plane
- remove the vertex that was truncated from the vertex array
- add three new vertices into the vertex array (intersection points)
- update the faces array to include the newly created vertices
Is this the best approach or is there an easier way?