I wanted to create a lightning strike effect in threejs. And I learnt it from some nice video tutorials but
- the threejs lightning strike examples page they showed in the video seems to be removed (i cannot find it)
- if i open that same example from another website (http://www.yanhuangxueyuan.com/threejs/examples/webgl_lightningstrike.html) & copy its code, vite says that it could not find any LightningGeometry.js in addons
What to do? How do i import the LightningStrike? I really need it. And how can that website import & use all required libraries of threejs when i with the exact same code cannot?
Disclaimer: I don’t feel confident in answering this question, but I will try (but do not trust what I say).
- According to the demoduler, LightningStrike.js exists up to Three.js r152. Since r153 it is not included as an addon anymore.
- The site that you mention does not load Three.js and its addons from external CDN. It hosts local copies. For example, the LightningStrike file is here http://www.yanhuangxueyuan.com/threejs/examples/jsm/geometries/LightningStrike.js
- If you clone the site, but do not clone all addons, then the browser should complain about missing files.
- If your project loads JS files from a local folders, you must have all addons locally too (bundled or not bundled).
- If your project loads JS files from CDN, then use r152 or earlier.
This is all I can think of. I’m afraid I cannot help any further on this topic. Good luck.