Glops - development blog of my first personal game

Hi :speech_balloon:

I debugged my game by adding physical ghosts :ghost:.

Thanks to this, I was able to set up a reset function for my player and enemies.

I also rewrote my character class using a generic character that can then be adapted into a player or an enemy. All of this can be configured via a config file. Much easier to maintain and evolve over time :bulb:.

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Success to make a dynamic camera that follows the player :face_holding_back_tears:

I just have to transpose this in my gameā€¦easy when you cut the code well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This version is better, because in my case with the previous example I could not transpose the code with my instances. With this code, it works no matter which final object you want to track => just two functions to copy-paste :pie:

Enjoy :dizzy:

1 Like

Iā€™m almost thereā€¦but still a lot of little bugs to solve :sweat_smile:

out

out

3 Likes

I have progressed since then by correcting a lot of little problemsā€¦ :upside_down_face:
The problem is that Iā€™m stuck with a problem of shadows that shake, see my first post. Thank you if you pass by there to come to take a look, perhaps you have the solutionā€¦ :pleading_face:

Iā€™m starting my prototype from scratch because I have a lot of bugs (oimo.js).

When my first cube touches another cube, it falls and then resurrects to return to its starting position.

After several iterations (when you open the codepen on the website and by me on my desktop) either it falls indefinitely or it does not return to its correct position (0,4,0). What is the error in my code?

Thanks for your helpā€¦

1 Like