CORS Texture Error on Chrome in Linux

I’ve been doing a lot of work with three js and cross-origin content this year. Up until now most of my development has been on Windows and Mac. I just switched over to Linux (because that’s where I’m most comfortable) and I’m running into issues when testing my site.

On Windows and Mac the site loads perfectly. << (This is not true anymore. This problem seems to affect Chrome on all platforms.) When I try to access the same site on Chrome on Linux though, I get a LOT of:

THREE.WebGLState: DOMException: Failed to execute 'texImage2D' on 'WebGLRenderingContext': The video element contains cross-origin data, and may not be loaded.

I can insert the video element directly into the web page and play it, so I know it’s not a browser policy issue. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I don’t know if it makes a difference, but there’s a branch of the site that uses MSE to stream some of the larger video content. MSE-streamed content works perfectly fine, it’s just the traditionally requested CORS content that’s throwing an error.

What happens if you are using Firefox on Linux? Same problem?

Nope, Firefox works perfectly as well. Seems to be limited to just Chrome.

I tried starting Chrome with the same-origin policy disabled (just for kicks) and it didn’t fix the problem either.

Um, this could be a bug in Chrome. Is it possible for you to isolate the problem in a small live example? If so, I would file a bug at the Chromium project, share the demo for testing purposes and see what happens.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list

Sure can. Thanks for the link!

1 Like