Clipping Planes Problem - Radial reveal only half way

crescent_test-01
here you go.
the half circle on the left is meant to make a center sphere in the 3D world as an anchor for the center vertical axis.
(Should be just a quarter as the x axis cuts through the middle of it but that’s not of immediate concern)

in a post in Feb where i had an issue of one band of missing polys on each object that was lathe extruded from SVGs.

In that instance, in the prior “bent cylinder” attempt, I found using a cylindrical extrusion caused serious artifacts with getting all the points at the central axis to merge.
Thus the use of lathe geometry, which produced a solid sphere… However I had issues with normals being corrected etc… seams.

ideally the resulting object(s) (individual separate shapes in the overall svg file) would be able to receive their own materials from different sources, as well as have the option to have unique materials for the ‘cut’ surfaces (end caps)

so say for example the sphere would be a silver material
the crescent gold,
and as the reveal occurs, the flat cut area material could be another unique material.

as always i sincerely appreciate the help.
I’ve been trying so many methods so solve this, hopefully one will fit the best for what’s needed.