Change specular on MeshStandardMaterial

Hi guys,

I’m importing a model with the GLTFLoader. The object is super shiny/glossy and I can’t find how to fix it.

Here it is: https://gd-viewer.firebaseapp.com/

I was able to change easily the shininess on SketchFab using the specular slider, as you can see on this video. However, I can’t reproduce this in my code as it seems that MeshStandardMaterial has no specular property. Any idea how I can fix this?

The full code is available here : gd-viewer/index.js at fd38bb3369605b893191f6d323cdd04513c45bba · theoavoyne/gd-viewer · GitHub

Thanks a lot!

Perhaps convert the material to MeshPhysicalMaterial after loading, then change .reflectivity? MeshStandardMaterial does not have this property, but increasing .roughness does decrease glossiness as well.

Thanks for your reply @donmccurdy. I tried increasing the roughness but it seems to have no effect. How can I convert the material to MeshPhysicalMaterial?

EDIT

I managed to switch to a MeshPhysicalMaterial. I set the reflectivity to 0, and still… no effect at all.

Unless I’m doing something wrong. Here is my code:
const object = gltf.scene.children[0].children[0].children[0].children[0];
const physicalMaterial = new MeshPhysicalMaterial(object.material);
physicalMaterial.reflectivity = 0;
physicalMaterial.metalness = 0;
physicalMaterial.needsUpdate = true;
object.material = physicalMaterial;

Omg theoavoyne, I was reading about MeshPhysicalMaterial, I just clicked on your firebase link and realized we work for the same company haha. My mind went :exploding_head:
I had trouble with this model too, the maps are not physically accurate.