Interested parties, please email resume/portfolio to tim [at] lastgameboard.com.
We are a venture capital backed , female and minority founded start-up with an active employee stock option pool. Equity option grants are a part of every position.
If your superpower is killer frontends on web technology; if you love technically challenging interfaces involving streaming, realtime communications, Three.js, WebGL, and offline capabilities; if you are passionate about clean code as much as clean interfaces; then we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
The Last Gameboard is creating a new tabletop gaming platform with a large screen and advanced features for sensing game pieces and its environment allowing interactions impossible before now. The platform is loaded with game development partnerships from some of the best games on a tabletop. We are growing our foundational team, seeking highly effective forward-thinking engineers ready to get in early on something we are passionate about seeing grow.
- Create responsive progressive web applications that supplement the Gameboard experience
- Create clean beautiful end-user experiences with attention to detail in collaboration with UX and product designers.
- Contribute to design and architecture of web applications, integrations, APIs, data models, server protocols, etc.
- Develop efficient real-time communication between application, gameboard, and servers
- Develop 3D gameplay features within our React Native mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Deploy PWA in appropriate native wrappers for iOS and Android
- Implement testing and monitoring of applications you complete
- Produce effective and maintainable software/systemsInterface with content developers, developer relations team, product team, experience designers, etc. to convert use-cases into concrete dev requirements
- Must be able to document plans, designs, and thoughts for others to consume
- Must wear multiple hats and be able to do different tasks if required
- Must be a self-starter with a results mindset
- Must be able to collaborate effectively, able to share your vision, effectively engage peers, articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong.
- Must be able to work at least 4 hours of overlap with the US Eastern Time Zone.
- Expert experience with modern front end frameworks: Angular or React, Redux, RXJS, etc.
- Expert experience creating responsive web applications: look great on mobile, tablet, and webExpert understanding of HTTP, HTML, CSS, Web APIs, PWA, and other core Web technology concepts.
- Significant experience with WebRTC, Websockets, and/or Socket.IO .
- Significant experience with WebGL
-Full/Cross Stack development experience
-Love of tabletop games (had to be said)